Useful Contacts

Citizens Advice Bureau

Citizens Advice service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.

Bridgend and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

Bridgend and District CAB is located at Council Offices, Talbot Street, MAESTEG, Bridgend, CF34 9BY. To go straight to their website, please click here.

Telephone: 0344 477 2020

Pontypridd Citizens Advice Bureau

The Pontyptidd CAB is located at 5 Gelliwastad Road, PONTYPRIDD, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF37 2BP . To go straight to their website, please click here.

Telephone: 0344 477 2020

Jobcentre Plus Enquiries has all the relevant information for people who wish to inquire about benefits or search for employment. Please click here to visit their  website.

Telephone: 0345 606 0234


Child Support Agency (CSA)

The CSA offers advice through on a number of issues relating to one parent families. To visit their website, please click here.

Telephone: 0345 713 3313

Age Concern Wales

Age concern Wales offers lots of support and advice for older people on issues such as money, health and well-being. Their website has all the information and is available by clicking here.

Telephone: 0800 169 6565

Shelter Cymru

Shelter Cymru offers practical advice and housing support, some of the issues they can help with are benefits, repairs, families and relationships. Please click here for further information.  Your local Shelter Cymru Office is located at Shelter Cymru, 25 Walter Road, Swansea, SA1 5NN.

Telephone: 0845 075 5005 | Email address:

Care and Repair Cymru

Care and Repair is an older person’s charity which ensures homes are safe and secure. If you have an enquiry or wish to find out more about what they do, please click here.

Telephone: 0292 067 4830 | Email:

National Debtline

National Debtline offers free, confidential, and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems, as well as providing useful information on their website. Please click here to visit their website.

Telephone: 0808 808 4000 | Access the web chat function here.

Pensions Advisory Service

Pensions Advisory Service is an independent non-profit organisation that provides free information, advice and guidance on the whole spectrum of pensions, including state, company, personal and stakeholder schemes. Please click here to visit their website.

Telephone: 0300 123 1047 | Online Inquiry Form here.

Community Legal Advice

Community Legal Advice is a free and confidential advice service in England and Wales paid for by legal aid that can offer advice on benefits and tax credits, debt, education, housing, employment, and family problems. Please click here for further information.

Telephone: 0845 345 4345 | Email:

Home Heat Helpine

Home Heat Helpline advises people worried about paying their fuel bills and keeping warm during the winter.  Please click here for more information.

Telephone: 0333 300 3366

631 (Maesteg) Squadron Air Training Corp

The ATC offers opportunities to young men and women to experience service life, to take part in all kinds of sporting and adventure training as well as providing qualifiactions equvilant to two GCSEs through their Air Training Corps training syllabus. Please click here for more information.


Hartshorn House Health & Wellbeing Centre 

Hartshorn House is a multi-agency base which houses health and well-being services for the Maesteg community and surrounding areas. Services operating within Hartshorn include help and support for substance misuse, domestic abuse, homelessness and counselling services. The centre also acts as a suitable venue for agencies to convene. The centre is located at Hartshorn House, 1st Floor, Neath Road, Maesteg,CF34 9EE. Click here for more information.

Telephone: 0165 673 8320 | Email:

South Wales Fire Department

For information about fire permits and more, click hereFor non emergencies or to contact a member of the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service phone 01443 232000. 

South Wales Police Force

Check out the South Wales Police website here for neighbourhood news, advice on keeping safe, and policing policy. For non-urgent reporting call 101. For generally inquires call 0165 665 5555.