Ogmore Valley Celebrates Newly Refurbished Nantymoel Boys & Girls Club & Community Centre


In the heart of the Ogmore Valley, the beloved ‘Mem’ (Nantymoel Miners’ Memorial Hall) has undergone a £350,000 transformation following joint working from Bridgend County Borough Council, Nantymoel Boys & Girls Club, local community groups and many others.

Revamped to become a prime community hub and heritage centre with full disabled access, it will also be able to generate funds via their new available to hire rental venue suitable for wide-ranging events.

Home to the former ‘Boys Club’ since 1925, today’s land-mark Nantymoel Boys and Girls Club (under the umbrella of the National Boys & Girls Clubs of Wales,) is run and managed by Byron Lock, Ken Davies and Trustees. Investment in the Club’s home has secured them a new future with upgraded facilities for the members.

The new community hub also includes a community café and is home to the Ogmore Valley Heritage Society and Community Policing Team.

Ogmore representatives Huw Irranca-Davies AM and Chris Elmore MP and others were invited to attend the unveiling of the new Heritage Centre.

Following the visit Huw said: “A very welcomed high-class refurbishment of a much loved building benefitting and welcoming not only the residents of the Ogmore Valley but attracting visitors from further afield. Well done to everyone who made this project happen.”

See Bridgend County Borough Council’s link: https://bit.ly/2VsOpur for further detail.

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *